Get the Workforce You Need to Grow Your Business
West Virginia’s Community and Technical College System offers grants and programs that link companies with colleges. Whether it’s customized training, skill enhancements, certificate or associate degree programs, if a company needs education or training to get the right workforce – West Virginia’s community and technical colleges are prepared to deliver.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Interested employers should contact their local community and technical college’s workforce development team or our office at 304-558-0265.
Learn & Earn
What is Learn & Earn?
The West Virginia Community and Technical College System’s Learn & Earn program is the state’s leading workforce development, economic development and educational partnership program.
- It’s a win-win! The program connects employers with students, allowing them to take courses while gaining paid work experience with your company – empowering companies to meet immediate needs while building a skilled labor workforce for the future.
- Students work for you while they’re training – and we split their pay with you 50/50! The student pay is shared 50/50 by the company and the community and technical college, with students receiving at least $10/hour to work in the field they’re studying.
- Learn & Earn supports a wide range of comprehensive, affordable training opportunities to meet your workforce needs, including:
- Skill Enhancement
- Associate Degree Programs
- Customized Training & Professional Continuing Education
Benefits to Employers – Why Do Companies Choose Learn & Earn?
Learn & Earn connections allow companies and organizations to:
- Tap into a trusted talent pool
- Reduce the cost of onboarding
- Cultivate dedicated employees
- Address current skills gaps
Bottom Line? Companies partner with a community and technical college and receive a training solution uniquely qualified to help improve your:
Learn & Earn is a huge win for participating WV businesses – in fact, more than 90% of program participants are hired by the companies that train them!
How to Learn More
Contact your local community and technical college’s workforce development team or contact:
Tiffany Ellis-Williams, Director, Workforce & Economic Development | 681-313-2265 or email@example.com.
Watch the West Virginia Chamber of Commerce’s Business Academy: Building Your Workforce At Home featuring the Learn & Earn partnership between West Virginia University at Parkersburg and Chemours.
Rapid Response Advance Grant
Are you trying to fill an immediate training need?
This grant is awarded to colleges to partner with industries on projects that address the state’s workforce needs – including pre-employment programs, pre-preparation programs, skills upgrades, new and expanding companies, and job retention.
Tech Program Development
Do you need a community and technical college to develop an academic program?
This program supports the creation and development of technical programs that are in high demand, lead to high-wage careers, and enhance economic development efforts across the Mountain State. Eligible programs must target high-demand occupations that will result in wages averaging at least $12 per hour with benefits.