The Appalachian Petroleum Technology Training Center
The Appalachian Petroleum Technology Training Center will offer necessary training programs to enable West Virginians to secure high-paying jobs in the oil and gas sector. The Center will specifically focus on delivering a Certificate of Applied Science (C.A.S.) in Petroleum Technology, an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Petroleum Technology, and specific workforce skill sets that will be geared toward developing a skilled workforce for the oil and gas sector.
The Center will provide opportunities for in-class and hands-on training through proposed indoor and outdoor drilling simulation laboratories. Through these simulation laboratories, students will receive valuable hands-on training in the operation and maintenance of a drill site.
Colleges Offering the Programs
- Pierpont Community & Technical College (Pierpont CTC)
- West Virginia Northern Community College (WVNCC)
Key Features of the Programs
- Outdoor drilling training simulation laboratory in Fairmont
- Indoor training simulators at Pierpont CTC and WVNCC
- Coursework can be completed at Pierpont CTC or WVNCC
Applications are currently being accepted at Pierpont CTC and WVNCC for the Fall 2013 semester.
- Pierpont Community and Technical College Center for Workforce Education 304-367-4920
- West Virginia Northern Community College Center for Economic and Workforce Development 304-214-8975